compensation: $19-$23 employment type: full-time job title: Operator II - Wet End
QR Code Link to This Post
Healthy Pet helps pets live their best lives! For more than 35 years, Healthy Pet has been upcycling pulp and paper remnants to create healthy, natural cat litter and bedding for small animals. Our parent company, J. Rettenmaier & Söhne has been a family owned and operated global leader in natural fiber processing for more than 100 years. If you’re ready to bring your energy and enthusiasm to a sustainable organization with a holistic approach to the health of planet, pets and people, then we would love to meet you!
Healthy Pet Jesup is hiring an Operator II - Wet End for the day shift! The Operator II position is responsible for operating and overseeing the wet end portion of the production process, a crucial stage in fiber processing where raw materials are prepared for production.
As a key member of our dynamic team, you’ll engage in a multifaceted role that combines hands-on operation of industrial process systems with management through Human-Machine Interface (HMI) systems. This includes overseeing raw material input, water and chemical systems, screening equipment, and bulk tanks, ensuring the safety, quality, and efficiency of our operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Coordinates production with Supervisor, Floor Leads, Dryer Operator, and PAD Operator. Reviews production figures and work orders with the prior shift Operator at the beginning of shift. Notes peculiarities with product production or equipment operations. Adjusts production rates accordingly.
• Oversees proper input of all raw materials
• Performs repairs and preventative maintenance on equipment. Ensures all equipment is running properly and all safety guards and panels are in place during production. Refers major mechanical repairs to maintenance, as needed.
• Ensures product specifications are met and quality is maintained. Documents variances.
• Ensures compliance with all safety protocols and SOPs.
• Conducts and records sampling as instructed by the Supervisor and Quality Assurance team as needed.
• Acts as primary responder in an emergency situation. Operates the fire suppression system.
• Performs necessary equipment adjustments for successful production throughput and for run grade changes.
• Operates a front-end loader as needed to keep production running.
• Inputs data for production reports. Ensures timeliness and accuracy.
• Maintains a clean and safe work environment through diligent housekeeping
• Perform other duties, as assigned.
• High school diploma or GED
• Related operator experience in a manufacturing environment.
• Experience operating machinery.
• Experience using a forklift.
• Experience with industrial Human-Machine Interface control systems (HMI)
• Experience with Lockout/Tagout (LOTO) processes
Healthy Pet offers the following:
• Competitive wages!
• Quarterly bonuses!
• Healthy offers excellent employee medical, dental, vision, short-term disability, and long-term disability insurance premiums! We also offer a generous 401k match and additional voluntary benefits!
• 11 paid holidays!
• Sick pay and vacation pay!
• A "promote-from-within" culture!
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Healthy Pet is a drug-free workplace. All employment is contingent upon successfully passing a pre-employment drug screen, including marijuana.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
Do NOT contact this job poster with unsolicited services or offers.